Well, here we go again! Each week I think, “OK, this week is crazy, but next week we’ll be past [fill in the blank] and then things will be ‘normal’ again.” You know what? Crazy IS normal for my life! It always has been! It always will be! Why do I forget that?
- I’m finishing up my Crazy Lace sweater so I can wear it this weekend – my birthday weekend – while visiting my sister in historic Virginia.
- I don’t like any of the buttons I could have put on it, so I’m crocheting my own.
- We had four of our twelve grandchildren over the weekend (all four being preschoolers) and my CRPS is acting up all over the place (but I wouldn’t have given up having them here for anything).
- We’re driving 10 hours, straight through, to my sister’s house, leaving at 0-dawn-hundred and my CRPS is acting up all over the place.
- The dishwasher and the dryer are both working on an on-and-off basis and my CRPS is acting up all over the place.
- Mount Everwash demands I scale it before I can pack and my CRPS is acting up all over the place.
- Did I mention my CRPS is acting up all over the place?
So what do I do? I start learning a new craft! Of course! This is how we cope with life, right?
Yes, I’m going to tuck my drop spindle into my suitcase – along with ONE (just one…you can do it, Laura…breathe deeply and choose JUST ONE) knitting project. After all, historic Virginia just has to have some roving somewhere that I can spin as a souvenir of my trip! Right? Of course!
Normal is just a setting on your dryer… and, really, I’m just as glad.
- See my new toy? ! (lllin526.wordpress.com)
- I Need Some Support In My Life (weekendknitter.wordpress.com)
- Crazy Lace! (lllin526.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Happenings | Part Two (thedabblist.typepad.com)